While introducing your toddler to the potty is a great idea, the experience can be overwhelming, frustrating and just downright intimidating. Not every child is cracked up for every potty training method.
Some respond best to rewards and bribes while others don’t respond to anything at all. The 3-day potty training books reviewed in this post address some of the common issues so that you can get a grip on the topic and identify what works best for your toddler.
A List Of The Best 3 Day Potty Training Books
If your little ones are at the age of potty training and younger you may be interested in our Baby Gates article.
Written by Brandi Brucks, this book reminds parents how rewarding potty training can be. Brandi Brucks is a former nanny turned behavioral specialist and potty training consultant who shares her hard earned wisdom in this book. She tackles common issues like what to do if your baby is scared of the potty, what to do if there is an accident and the next step to take if the three day plan doesn’t work.
Brandi’s 3-day potty training system fits perfectly with your family’s regular routine. It comes highly recommended by parenting groups because of the easy to follow plan. Because it involves three days of intense potty training, the method can be difficult for busy working parents.
- Proven 3-day method to get your toddler potty trained
- Parents find it bolstering and comforting
- Written by accomplished potty training specialist and behavior specialist
- Difficult for working parents to commit
This potty training book is written by Jamie Glowacki, an expert in the field and Pied Piper of Poop. She shares her proven 6 step plan to help parents train their preschoolers successfully within three days. Some of the common issues she tackles include how to when your kid is ready for potty training, why your kid won’t poop in the potty, how to get the daycare provider on board, how to avoid potty power struggles and why your child may be regressing.
It solves all of these and other common problems faced by parents. The author also offers a series of YouTube videos to help reinforce the concepts behind it. While effective, some parents have raised concerns about the efficacy of waking kids for nighttime potty training.
- Backed by YouTube videos for reinforcement
- Proven 6 step method to get your child potty trained
- Tackles common issues faced by parents when potty training children
- Scientific doubts about night time potty training
Potty training has always been one of the most dreaded tasks for parents and this book by Jessica Ross seeks to make it more enjoyable. It helps you kick start the potty training process with a training boot camp that lasts three days. Your child will go from diapers to underwear in a few days, and it will be easier than you anticipated.
Jessica’s 3-day boot camp covers how to tell when your child ready for potty training, how to prepare for the big day, ensuring that you and the baby are comfortable, and so much more. It has been proven to work multiple times and will have a great effect on your child.
- Available in paperback and kindle versions
- Offers ways to reinforce potty training
- Has been proven effective by many parents
- Some parents cited that the information is very simplistic
This potty training guide is written by Merry Palmer, a child psychologist and parent coach. She tackles the issues that concern most parents including how to encourage the toddler, how to know when it’s time to start potty training, how not to harm and spoil the process, how to start potty training and more.
The book is so simple and understandable, communicating concepts in a humorous manner. It makes everything easier for parents with active children. Some readers have found the book to be redundant and repetitive while others found it overly complicated. All the same, it is a great read for someone who wants their baby to transition smoothly from diapers to underpants.
- Answers most questions about potty training
- Easy to read and understand
- Written by accomplished child psychologist and parent coach
- Some readers found it redundant and repetitive
This book was written by Kathryn Mewes for parents who want to help their baby sleep through the night, stop tantrums, overcome fussiness around food and succeed with potty training. It offers step by step advice that will give you new confidence as a parent to help your child quickly and easily. It is built on the premise that it normally takes a child three days to adjust to a new routine.
The book offers advice on different issues and ages, helping guide you and your family to get back on track. On the first day, Kathryn helps you identify cause of the issue and choose the right positive solution and to start implementing it. The new routine will certainly feel unfamiliar to you and your child. It will feel more familiar on the second day and by the third day, your child will have accepted the new routine.
- Transform challenging habits and behaviors
- Potty train your child with ease
- Help your baby sleep through the night
- Doesn’t do a great job of explaining ongoing potty challenges
Potty training a toddler is a huge step in life that can also feel like a daunting task to parents who know nothing about it. In this book, Sharon Parks proves that potty training doesn’t have to be something that parents are afraid of or feel like they cannot handle. She offers parents with material that will make any parent look at potty training in a whole new light. The book analyzes and looks at different problems parents deal with like how to know when a child is ready for potty training, how to prepare your child for potty training, the 3-day potty training method and beyond the three day potty training. It even offers extra tips and tricks to be successful.
- Makes potty training more enjoyable
- Information is easy to understand and comprehend
- Offers extra tips and tricks to be successful
- Only available in paperback
The Potty Training Essentials Team wrote this book for parents who want to start potty training their children but have no clue where to begin. It tells you how to know when your child is ready to potty train, how to handle accidents, prepare for potty training, maintain your focus and more. Unlike most books, this actually gives you a timeline of when and how to start potty training your little one. It is a great purchase if you want to feel more in control of the whole process.
- Offers beneficial advice to parents who want to succeed in potty training
- Tells you when and how to start bringing attention to potty training
- Tackles common issues like temper tantrums in the bathroom, fear of the toilet etc. that parents deal with
- Dwells too much on being patient and not yelling at your child
This book by Amazon bestselling author Olivia Michael gives you simple tips and tricks to develop your child’s natural ability to potty train at a younger age. The author shares the effective strategies she used to potty train her autistic son, and which have proven to work with just about any other kid. She also tackles common problems faced by parents at this development stage and offers a free chapter on baby sign language to bridge the communication barrier.
- Effective strategies to potty train your child in 1-3 days
- Tips also work great for autistic children
- A free chapter on baby sign language
- Not for parents who potty train at the common age of 2 or 3 years old
This potty training book by Natalie Johnson offers proven ways and techniques that make it easier for you to potty train your child. It makes the process a little more fun and fulfilling for all of the parties involved. Some of the things you will learn are facts of potty training, debunking the common myths and misconceptions about potty training, knowing when your child is ready, what you need and the ABC of potty training.
- Makes potty training more fun and fulfilling
- Can be used for children with learning disabilities
- Has a section about debunking the common myths and misconceptions
- No detailed play by play of how to start elimination communication
Written by Laura Cohen, this potty training survival guide contains proven steps on how to determine your child’s readiness for potty training. It also offers advice on how to toilet train your child in four easy-to-follow steps. You learn theories surrounding potty training, and how to respond to continence training behavior. You will know how to choose the right potty training method and how to make the experience fun for your child.
- Understand toilet training and know when your child is ready for it
- Contains information on how to choose the right potty
- Identify the right training method for your child
- Doesn’t outline what to do if the methods don’t work for your child